Arachidonic Acid Basic Information
|Product Name:||Arachidonic acid|
|Synonyms:||(5Z,8Z,11Z,14Z)-5,8,11,14-Icosatetraenoic acid;(all-Z)-5,8,11,14-Eicosatetraenoic acid;(all-z)-5,8,11,14-eicosatetraenoicacid;5,8,11,14-Eicosatetraenoic acid, (all-Z)-;Arachidonate;5,8,11,14-ALL-CIS-EICOSATETRAENOIC ACID;5,8,11,14-EICOSATETRAENOIC ACID;5,8,11,14-EICOSATETRENOIC ACID|
|Product Categories:||Fatty Acid Derivatives & Lipids;Glycerols;Arachidonic Acid;Arachidonic Acid Cascade;Fatty Acid Metabolism;Functional Foods;-;Lipids in Cell Signaling;Omega 6 fatty acids and derivatives;Industrial/Fine Chemicals;Fatty & Aliphatic Acids, Esters, Alcohols & Derivatives;Mixed Fatty Acids;Higher Fatty Acids & Higher Alcohols;Unsaturated Higher Fatty Acids;Biochemistry;Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) and Omega-3 Fatty Acids;AN-AZ;Bioactive Small Molecules;Biochemicals and Reagents;Building Blocks;C13 to C42+;Carbonyl Compounds;Carboxylic Acids;Cell Biology;Cell Signaling and Neuroscience;Chemical Synthesis;Fatty Acids and conjugates;Fatty Acyls;Lipids;Metabolic Pathways;Metabolomics;Nutrition Research;Organic Building Blocks;Polyunsaturated;Unsaturated Fatty Acids and Derivatives;API intermediate|
|Mol File:||506-32-1.mol|Arachidonic Acid Chemical Properties
|Melting point ||−49 °C(lit.)|
|Boiling point ||169-171 °C0.15 mm Hg(lit.)|
|Density ||0.922 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)|
|Refractive index ||n20/D 1.4872(lit.)|
|Fp ||>230 °F|
|Storage temp. ||−20°C|
|Solubility ||ethanol: ≥10 mg/mL|
|Color ||colorless to light yellow|
|Water Solubility ||PRACTICALLY INSOLUBLE|
|CAS DataBase Reference||506-32-1(CAS DataBase Reference)|
|NIST Chemistry Reference||Arachidonic acid(506-32-1)|
1. Muscle Growth
ARA is an important dietary component in support of the muscle anabolic process.
2. Alzheimer's Disease
Supplementation of arachidonic acid during the early stages of this disease may actually be effective in reducing symptoms and slowing the disease progress.
Arachidonic acid is one of the most abundant fatty acids in the brain, Arachidonic acid helps tomaintain hippocampal ,cell membrane fluidity and helps protect the brain from oxidative stress by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma.
4. Bodybuilding Supplement
Arachidonic acid is marketed as an anabolic bodybuilding supplement in a variety of products.
1. An unsaturated omega-6 fatty acid constituent of the phospholipids of cell membranes.
2. Arachidonic Acid is an essential fatty acid and a precursor in the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, thromboxanes, and leukotrienes. Arachidonic Acid occurs in liver, brain, glandular organs, and depot fats of animals, in small amounts in human depot fats, and Arachidonic Acid is also a constituent of animal phosphatides.
3. Arachidonic acid is an ingredient with skin-smoothing, emollient, and healing properties. Arachidonic acid is an omega-6 essential fatty acid naturally occurring in the skin and considered critical for appropriate skin metabolism. It is a constituent of vitamin F.Packing & Shipment
Quality Control of Health Sources
1) A system in accordance with GMP standard, supervision on whole production process.
2) Health Sources is equipped with advanced detecting device, such as AFS, GC, HPLC, UV etc, supply the
detailed Certificate of Analysis.
3) Procurement-Strictly on selecting raw materials.
4) Production-Strictly according to the standard specifications, conform to USP, EP, BP, CP, AJI, FCC etc
pharmaceutical and/or food standards.
5) Warehousing and storage: Clear and dry condition with suitable temperature.
6) Transportation - Audit and supervise the logistics environment to ensure storage safety.
7) Keep samples for all batches goods to be traceable in case of quality discrepance.